Saturday 30 January 2016

Saturday Slog!



Hello dear friends, I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday but it was such a busy day and I was so tired when we got in, not as tired as my daughter though.

I took a couple of photo's, the show was amazing and I was so proud, we took our eight year olds binoculars with us so we were able to see her throughout the show and she didn't stop dancing and singing all night. What a little star!



This was a part of the crowd.


The arena was full.


It truly was an amazing evening that was an experience that my daughter will never forget.

So today it was time to get back to reality and clean!

The focus had to be on the bathroom, as my repair on the shower was short lived and we had to call a plumber out, ten minutes later with a blocked filter in hand we were saying a sad goodbye to £105.00. Ouch! But on the plus side we do have a sparkling bathroom and a working shower.

 


The photos really don't do it justice because it truly is sparkling.

I also:-
  • Hovered downstairs
  • Hovered the stairs and upstairs
  • Did two loads of washing
  • Cleaned the kitchen including bleaching the tiles and cupboard doors
  • Dusted downstairs
  • Cleaned the downstairs toilet
  • Polished all the mirrors
I went to Aldi to see if they had a slow cooker, they didn't, but I decided to do my weekly shop whilst I was there. It cost me a total of £65.00. I'm so impressed. I will probably need to buy some milk and bread later in the week but even so its a very good price and the quality of the food looks excellent.

I haven't heard from my son and if I'm honest I didn't expect to but I have really missed him and I didn't realise how often I ask him to get things down for me, three times today I have found myself having to get a chair to reach items. And I thought I was average height. Very annoying!

Well that's it from me for tonight, have a lovely evening.

Take care xx




11 comments:

  1. Dang, Tara, what a crowd! That's astounding! How many school groups do you think were performing? How awesome that your daughter was able to perform there. Didn't you have a hard time finding her, even with the binoculars?!

    So sorry to hear that you had to call the plumber but now you can use your shower and not have to worry about it. It does look sparkly clean to me! I wish our bathrooms looked half that good.

    Look at all the cleaning you did! Can I get some of your energy, please? I'll bet you got tons of mileage in just by doing all of that.

    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there was about twenty schools there Nathalie.

    We were very lucky because when we arrived the parents who had already arrive pointed out our school banner and the I got a message from one of the teachers telling me that my daughter was at the end directly in front of the banner.

    I guess at least it is done now Nathalie but I hate having to pay for things I haven't prepared for.

    I was a bit mortified actually Nathalie because when Bens mum came to babysit she told him that the house was a bit of a mess.

    I really try hard to keep on top of things but when I am trying to do overtime and everything else, it can be really hard as you well know. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I think that was very rude of your mother-in-law to say that! You both work full-time and have 5 kids!

      Delete
    2. What are you doing up? Its early for you isn't it?
      I was a bit upset, she probably thought he wouldn't tell me. I tend to do most of the washing on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday so there was quite a lot of wet washing hanging around but I didn't think it looked that bad. But I guess it was worse than I thought. Xx

      Delete
    3. LOL, I always think of the time difference when you post your comments too, sometimes thinking "isn't it a bit late for you to be up, Tara?", hahahaha. Nah, it's not that early, we're 5 hours behind you. Greg wasn't feeling good last night so I slept on the couch again (we truly sleep much better apart!) but he came down at 6 a.m. to do something in the kitchen and that woke me up so I just stayed up.

      Don't let what she said or what anyone else says upset you. That's your home, it's lived in and you're not a pensioner. You have plenty to deal with and if the "mess" was that clean clothes were hanged to dry, that wasn't a mess at all! Plus you have 5 kids. Your house isn't a museum!

      Have a great Sunday!

      Delete
  3. Ha ha thats so funny! Oh I hate being woken up, my eight year old woke me up twice last night he kept dreaming he was playing basketball with his brother and the ball eat his brother. He woke up crying. Strange hey!
    I'm not going to let it get me down. I so my best. Thanks for the vote of confidence, you always cheer me up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I don't know what to say. You say you won't let it get you down, but on the other hand, you woke up feeling you had to clean. And boy did you clean. I would need a month of Sundays to get done what you accomplished in a day. I am not employed outside of the home, nor do I have five littles to look after, but my place is NOT as tidy as yours. Right now I have an inch of gyproc dust and sawdust on the floors throughout the house; but if it isn't renovations, it is always one excuse or another. I can't believe she said that. Let us give her the benefit of the doubt, and assume that she meant the children or your husband should help out more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, what a wonderful show. What a great experience for your daughter. You must be so proud.

      Delete
    2. I know Susan, thank you for making me feel better it did hurt and before I went back to work the house probably was more organised and cleaner but I do struggle with time and energy these days and doing things with the kids is my main priority. They are my world.
      I think she speaks before she thinks about it. I don't think it was meant to be hurtful.
      The show really was great xx

      Delete
  5. Wow...that's so amazing! I know that I get excited when my daughter performs on the stage in her school cafeteria...I can't imagine the excitement of being in a big stadium like that! You must have been one proud mommy...or should I say mum LOL

    I've been super busy and haven't had much spare time for reading but I just wanted to stop by and see what you've been up to :-)
    xoxo
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, its lovely of you to pop in and catch up. I hope all is well with you.
      It was an amazing evening and yes I was super proud of her. Singing is her true love and she does it at every opportunity so getting to sing at such an amazing venue and in front of so many people will stay with her forever.

      I get excited when she sings in the school hall too lol xx

      Delete