Friday 8 January 2016

Food waste friday

Hi, Not too much waste today a pineapple (such a shame), 1 banana and 1 clementine.
I hate wasting fruit especially things like pineapples because the kids love them. I just left this too long because we have been eating up everything else from Christmas.

Wow it is so cold today, this is the first time this winter that I can honestly say I have been really cold. In fact its so cold two of my boys have gone to bed at six o clock in the evening to warm up.
I guess it is meant to snow next week. Yuk!

My walking will be down today because although I haven't walked any less today I forgot to put my fitbug on after my shower today so it only went on after work.

Today I have eaten:-

Breakfast - 2 crumpets and Marmite

Snack - Nutrigrain bar

Lunch - 4 Ryvitas and cottage cheese

Snack - 4 water biscuits and a few slices of pineapple

Dinner - 1/4 low fat pizza and salad

3 Thornton chocolates left from Christmas

I know I shouldn't really be eating any chocolate at all but I was given a couple of chocolates from the children at school and I don't really want to give them to my children so I thought I would allow myself a couple each week.

My teenage son who is thirteen is very stroppy at the moment and whilst I realise this is probably hormonal I am a little bit worried about him as he seems to think he is not doing very well at school and keeps saying he is thick. Bless him he has always been an average student but all his teachers have always said he has such a good work ethic that he will do well. I am very proud of him because he works very hard even though he doesn't always find it easy. I wish there was a way I could make him feel happy and better about himself.

This evening I have been working on a new financial spread sheet for the forthcoming year and I am including a clothes budget and a budget for haircuts which I have never included before but my children are growing so quickly that I am having to buy uniform a lot more frequently and my boys are also getting quite fussy about their hair and don't like it getting too long. 

Well I am off to sort out baths now.

Have a lovely evening

Take care xx

2 comments:

  1. 13 is such a difficult age for boys. My 13-year-old son turned very quiet and taciturn as soon as puberty hit (and he was such a happy child before then) and it's been hard. I also worry about him because he is such a loner and nothing seems to interest him save for video games and his miniatures. So I'm leaving him alone but tell him repeatedly that I love him and that I'm always available if he wants to talk. I don't know, really, what else to do. My older boys had a hard time too but they had each other (they shared a room), were in marching band (which they loved) and they had lots of friends, so I didn't worry about them as much.

    It's great that you're working on a spreadsheet for your 2016 budget! Are you going to be tracking every penny that you spend? It's really eye-opening and can be a great help in determining where to reduce costs in order to get out of debt or save more. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my spreadsheets, lol.

    I hope you have a great day tomorrow and that it's not too cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathalie, I think its one of the worst ages for boys (I can't comment on girls as mines not there yet). My older one was the same as yours he always had so many friends and he still talked to me. I know my thirteen year old has his older brother and he does seem to listen to him (I'm not sure he really opens up to him, maybe he does).

    Mine is the same he loves video games but he doesn't seem to be playing those very much at the minute. I think your right as long as they know you love them and are there for them you can't really do much else.

    I am going to log every penny that we spend, this is the first time I have ever done a spread sheet. I'm not good on excel but I'm trying. When I did it yesterday I was quite surprised by how much disposable income we have that just seems to disappear. I think your right I will be quite shocked. It is quite difficult as Ben is very much a buy what he wants type of guy but I am fed up with living like this I want to have fun and memories with the kids and money behind us so we don't have to worry. I find it really inspiring reading how you save money every day and whilst we live in different countries there is so much more we could be doing that would make a big difference in the long run.

    Some areas of the UK are getting snow now and the gritters were out last night. Yuk. I will post pics if we get the white stuff xx

    ReplyDelete