Monday 28 December 2015

After christmas update

Hi, I hope you have had a good holiday.

Have you done any sales shopping this year?

We live near a retail park and I had to drive past it today to drop Christmas presents to my lovely Aunt and Uncle who spoil us rotten every year, the traffic went on for miles. Then when we returned home a couple of hours later the traffic was even worse.

I'm not a big fan of shopping but I honestly could not think of anything worse than sitting in traffic to get to the shops, struggling to park and then battling against people to get the things you want. Yuk!

I don't normally have New Years resolutions, mainly because I probably wouldn't keep them as I don't have much willpower. But I do intend to try not to buy too many new items this year.

With charity shops and places like Ebay, items can be picked up at a fraction of the price of new items these days. I also intend to try to reduce the amount of things we have in our home.

Because of being so poorly these last couple of months I have realised that I put an awful lot of pressure on myself because I can't stand having an untidy home (and having five children it can become a mess very quickly). I can't change the way I am, so I need to change the amount of things we have to clean up and put systems in place to avoid the mess.

I have also never really asked my children to do anything but over the next few days I am going to put a chore plan in place. My mum suggested this because she believes if they are doing part of the work then there is less chance they will want to mess it up. Ha ha we shall see!


Well I am going to head off now and try and come up with a healthy menu plan for the rest of the week using leftovers. After Christmas I always fancy soup! I'm not sure the rest of the family will
 want that though.

Talk soon xx
 

2 comments:

  1. A belated Merry Christmas, sorry to read you have been in hospital,glad you are home and slowly getting now better now. Since we moved here in January we have had to find room for lots of stuff as the last house had a pantry and this one doesn't so I bought four large ottomans (£17.99 each) and four small ottomans(£9.99 each) from dunelm mill, they are great for hiding stuff and extra seats as well, Jo x (ps if you do a search on mu blog for storage you will see them)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, Happy belated Christmas to you too. Ottomans are great for storage aren't they. I have thought about having one in the corner of my bedroom a few times as I have a washing basket there at the moment where I put my ironing and I hate it, it looks so messy! I will check out your ottomans xxx

      Delete