Saturday 3 October 2015

Such a lightweight!

Hello my dear friends,

I didn't post yesterday because I had a long overdue night out with my lovely friends.

I took my sweet boy 3 to basketball after school, came back organised dinner, got changed and headed out to pick up two of my friends.

We had a lovely evening chatting and catching up with each others news.

They were all drinking but I really don't drink very much or very often, since having the children I have always felt that I need to be fully in control just in case they ever need me. I will have the occasional glass of champagne if we are celebrating.


By twelve o clock my dear friends decided it was time to head to a pub that had an extended license and played music so that they could have a little boogie and I was the first to depart and head home to my bed and family. My friends, who know me very well, were unoffended by this and gave me a big hug and said they were surprised I had lasted as long as I had and to ring when I got in so they didn't worry.

t


Whilst I was snoring my little head off, my friends were still dancing away and rolling in at the early hours of the morning and yet, they have managed to take the kids to the park, go running, go to adventure play areas and do all sort of things and I only managed to drag myself into town to get my dad a seventieth birthday balloon and the rest of the day I have laid lifelessly on the sofa!

I really am a lightweight!

Have a good evening friends, I am off to bed ready for seventieth birthday celebrations tomorrow.

I might not be fit for work Monday ha ha.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, Tara, I can totally relate. I don't even know if I would have made it to midnight! Are your friends younger than you that they have the energy to go out all night and then jogging in the morning?! I'm glad you were able to go out and have some fun, you had some heavy stuff to deal with recently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Nathalie, that's the thing most of them are a couple of years older than me, I think I have just got used to the quiet life. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Lol. I must admit I really did need it and I feel much better for just relaxing and not thinking about everything for a night. Xx

    ReplyDelete