Friday 14 August 2015

Clean Fridge Friday 14/08/15

Good Morning dear Friends, do you have that Friday feeling?

Here we are again at clean fridge Friday, or as the originator Kristen at the the frugal girl and her co-host on alternate weeks Jo at simply being mum calls it foodwastefriday#.


The fridge was quite full, as is normal in our house so I went through the usual routine pulling everything out and putting it on the work surfaces. Then I cleaned out the fridge. Checked the dates on everything and replaced everything that was in date.
 

This week I wrote a list of everything that I put back into the fridge and the expiry date on them, so that I can work out our menu plan based on what we have left.

We have quite a few carrots and a bunch of coriander that will need to be used up in the next couple of days so I am going to make carrot and coriander soup (which surprisingly the children like!) for lunch.

For our food waste I think this week is a little better than last week but still not great!

There was some leftover potatoes salad from a barbeque we had with friends, at the weekend, I made far too much. We did have some with our dinner on Monday and also added it to a few lunches but we still had leftovers.

Four slices of ham and a couple of slices of tomatoes, Jo from solstice-days.blogspot.co.uk suggested last week that I should make a quiche with my leftovers. This is a great idea and I can see from my list of what I have left in the fridge I have some eggs, ham, tomatoes, mozzarella and red onion that will need to be used up, so a quiche or omelettes will be on my menu plan for next week to try and reduce our waste further.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment